I made this moist steamed pudding with apples but it can just as easily be made with other fruit.
- 100g Light spread. (i.e. Flora) 25g in the topping and 75g in the sponge.
- 6 tbsp Golden Syrup 4 int the topping and 2 in the sponge.
- 4 Apples peeled, cored and cut into cubes.
- 50g Golden caster sugar.
- 2 Eggs, beaten.
- 125g Self-Raising Flour.
- 4 tbsp Milk.
- Melt 4 tbsps of golden syrup with 25g of the spread in a frying pan.
- Let it bubble together for a few minutes then add the apple. Cook until apple is nice and soft and well coated with the syrup.
- Put the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and whisk together until well combined and smooth. This should have a nice dropping consistency.
- Put apple mixture in the bottom of a 1pt pudding basin or divide between smaller pudding basins. I made six 0.15 ltr puddings from this mix.
- Add lid or foil with a pleat across the top and place in a steamer for 1-2hrs depending on size of pudding. If you don’t have a steamer a large saucepan can be used, place a jam lid under the pudding or a pad of foil to prevent the pudding touching the bottom and add enough water to come roughly half way up the pudding. In either case keep an eye on the saucepan so that it doesn’t boil dry.
- This can be served with custard, ice cream, cream, or other sauce to your liking.